What did I learn this past week.
Just some random observations from the week, some from work and others from personal side projects.
- If you want people to perform at their best, give them the room to fail.
- To-do list work for most cases, but when they don't work it sucks. Need to find a better type of to-do list.
- Find a song that helps flip that switch.
- Take meetings from new people as often as you can, that has been the "wow" moment this year for me.
- Its easy to get caught up in the Quarter by Quarter (Q4) mindset for goals, but sometimes its really valuable to step back and look at the progress to date.
- I try and maintain a healthy balance of work, side projects, mentoring, community involvment but sometimes you just need to set aside time for some Ted Lasso.
- No matter what anyone says, marketing is required even for great products or services.
- No-code projects that are used to test the market are 1000 times better than a survey that just ask questions, in my humble opinion
- Those second thoughts, ignore them because those are stories your brain starts to tell you when you are not putting 100% effort into something. Its a distraction. Keep moving.
PLEASE NOTE : The ideas, opinions and/or idiotic statments on this website are mine, I own them. I am human (to my knowledge) and if I make a mistake, post something out of line, let me know. While I am not out to piss people off, healthy debates are good and its what keeps the idea train moving forward.